because what I’m into posts are things that I do! even three days late! because I forget about them! oops.
January was cool. I still can’t believe that just a month ago I was at home celebrating the new year by playing Tripoley and eating chex mix with my grandparents (that’s right, I party hard) and now where I am fully into a new (and final) semester. what even is time.
with that eloquent thought, let’s talk about January. stuff happened. I think.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Days of Blood and Starlight, Laini Taylor. look! a YA series that isn’t dystopian! it’s a miracle. these are a really fun and engaging read about the fighting between chimerae and angels. and there’s a chick named Karou with blue hair.
- Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords, George R. R. Martin. because I’m doing a GoT-reread.
- The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman. guys, I have discovered that I love Neil Gaiman. The Graveyard Book is such a weird, funny, interesting read. I’m reading American Gods right now and this guy can write. which everyone knows.
- Mastering the Art of French Eating, by Ann Mah. this book wins the category of books that make me want to jump on a plane and fly to Paris and eat all the food (again).
- Bossypants, Tina Fey. I love Tina Fey and her memoir is such a funny, witty, clever, fun read.
- Selected Poems of Rainer Maria Rilke, Rainer Maria Rilke/Robert Bly. I texted a friend saying “COME TO THE LIBRARY AND READ ME GERMAN POETRY” because I wanted to hear it in the original language. so basically, yes.
- also: reading Morte D’Arthur (Sir Thomas Malory) for one of my classes and spending most of my time yelling “ARTHUR WHAT EVEN ARE YOU DOING”. I mean. please tell me you understand.
I’m doing this Goodreads-2014-challenge-thing and challenged myself to read 104 books this year. Goodreads is currently informing me I’m behind, but I think the GoT books should count for two each. those things are thick.
okay, I’ve been totally shirking on my blog reading/blog collecting. again. always. I read some good stuff – I know I did – but totally didn’t save links. maybe next month I’ll have stuff for here. no promises.
The Oh Hello’s. on repeat. endlessly. all day. everyday. plus a little Beta Radio and Gavin Degraw and American Authors.
- Parks and Rec. maybe cried when we said goodbye to Ann and Chris. okay, definitely cried.
- Elementary. seriously guys, so good.
- also SHERLOCK. was a thing. and I have mixed feelings. drunk John and Sherlock make it almost all worth it.
- AOJE. STUFF HAPPENED and FEELS.
- also, super pumped for Shipwrecked’s Kissing in the Rain. like, super pumped. A Tell Tale Vlog is the greatest. Socially Awkward Poe: all the yes.
my roommate and I are doing a whole30-inspired paleo30. so basically, eating a bunch of meat. and sweet potatoes. yum.
- all of my classes. they’re fantastic, and awesome, and the best.
- being back in North Carolina.
- getting more involved at my church.
- sweet potatoes. can’t stop won’t stop.
- tea. lots of tea.
- a snow day. which of course necessitated a snow angel.
- dancing. a lot. in a lot of things.
- scribbling words in journals.
- women that believe in my roar.
as usual, linking up with Leigh Kramer. so tell me, what did you love in January? also, what should go onto my 2014 reading list? hit me up, yo.