goodness. is it that time again?
May has flown by and I can’t believe we’re hitting June already. where. did. the. time. go.
this month, WordPress informed me of the one-year anniversary of this little blog. I can’t believe it’s been a year since I carved out a space on the blogosphere and started pouring my heart out into it. it’s been quite a journey, with lots of lessons and tears and new internet friends. A heartfelt thank-you to those of you who take the time to read my words. In honor of this first birthday, I’m gonna drop a link to my most-viewed post right here. in case you missed it.
reading (on kindle)
- I picked up Barbara Kingsolver’s Animal, Vegetable, Miracle after it appeared on a few April What I’m Into posts, and loved it. It’s a fascinating and informative read on the food industry in America. If you’re interested in where your food comes from – and you should be – give it a read.
- Lauren Oliver’s Delirium series (Delirium, Pandemonium, Requiem). Guys, I read these books in about two days each. So good. They fall into that strong-heroine-screwed-up-utopian-society-teen-romance category that I’m a sucker for (see: The Hunger Games; Divergent). This is a perfect summer beach read series. You won’t want to put them down.
- Also finished the Percy Jackson series and am almost done with Inheritance, the last book in the Inheritance cycle. Basically: lots of YA fantasy.
(I wrote this whole section, complete with blurbs about why I liked all these blogs, and then WordPress didn’t save it. And I’m lazy. So: just read them all.)
- Cassi Clerget’s maybe love is made me cry. In a good way.
- You don’t have to be good, from Addie Zierman. Amen.
- From Sarah Bessey: One Good Phrase (read it. tell yourself: calm your heart. repeat as necessary.) and In which words like real and true mean things.
- Hannah Brencher, on living for the After.
- be, still. From Hilary Sherratt.
- Flaws, by Bastille. on repeat. for hours. no joke.
- also: Brave, from Sara Bareilles. I have such a girl crush on Sara Bareilles and this song is just so good. and true. be brave, friends.
- Emeli Sandé’s cover of Crazy in Love for the Great Gatsby soundtrack. can. we. just. what.
- anything Spotify plays on a radio station based on Ben Howard or the Lumineers or Mumford and Sons. good stuff.
- gave Hannibal a try, and while it’s brilliant and well-done, not sure I can handle it. It’s a little gory, plus there’s the whole cannibalism thing.
- I am, however, newly addicted to Elementary. I’m also a huge Sherlock fan, but this is so different that they’re not competing in my head. Love it.
- working my way (slowly) through Season 2 of Arrested Development. I’ve heard mixed review on Season 4 so we’ll see how I feel…when I finally get to it.
- Doctor Who, of course. Still underwhelmed by this season – not really loving Clara? She feels a little underdeveloped as a character. Hopefully that changes next season.
- watching my countdown to home tick down the days. I cannot wait to be back in the States, but leaving Malta is going to be bittersweet.
- I’m getting really good at cooking without accurate measurements. And also, frying things (churros? funnel cake? check.) Life skills, yo.
- sweet potatoes. like, I really really love sweet potatoes. someone explain to me how sweet potatoes aren’t actually candy.
- late nights full of laughter. we have good times around the kitchen table.
Linking up with HopefulLeigh, of course! Now tell me – what have you been loving in this month of May?